We Hunger for True Gospel Music

The kind of gospel music being played in Kenya today really worries me. Yesterday I had to listen to several songs to confirm that some of the gospel artistes do a remix of secular artistes.
I do not think that this is brought about by lack of creativity but love of money.
I usually look at Kari Jobe’s, Chris Tomlin’s, Newsboys, Lecrae’s and many other gospel artists’ concerts and one thing that stands out is that none of them takes away the glory that belongs to God.
The hunger for God is real but be weary of the junk being served as gospel music/PHOTO/Courtesy

Look at Kenya, we start well but before we know it, we want the good life and so instead of singing songs inspired by the Holy Spirit, we sing songs inspired by hunger, pride, greed, fame, the world’s way of thinking. At the end of the day its not Jesus who is Glorified but dancing styles, who shot your video and who produced the audio.
Am not saying am any better because I love RnB and HipHop and Rock but when it comes to God, I go and ask Him what He wants me to say because it’s not about me but Him.
Let us stop listening to spiritual junk, be careful what you label as gospel music because there are very few gospel artistes. It’s not about beats, style, fashion and having the best video; it’s about having a song that allows someone to draw closer to God.

If your music is not making someone think about being born again, then just call yourself an artist and stop defiling the Gospel about God’s salvation plan.

Comments

Popular Posts