I am Happy Despite a B in KCSE


I was index number 2 in high school and I believed that I had what it takes to get an A. There was high expectation from teachers, friends and guardians to the point that when the results were released, they bought newspapers only to find my name missing.
Then came the hour of reckoning when I called my school and was told I had a B-, at first I heard that I had a D- and really got a heart attack then the teacher sent a text to clarify everything.
Success is not about grades/PHOTO/LIFTUPIDEAS

Of course I was not happy with my grade but I was thankful. After staying 2 years before joining secondary school I finally did it.
Getting a grade that was not my expectation wasn’t the end for me, I mean my life is still going well and I even have friends who got D’s and are doing better than me.
I joined campus after 7 years and am completing my studies in December this year plus I got an internship at one of the leading media houses,(Standard Media Group) in the country and my articles are doing well.
I am also a singer, songwriter and a poet and my poems have done well in the music festivals in the country. No one acknowledges me for the grade I got 7 years ago, no one cares. All they want is achievement.
You see there those who got an A but they are not leading an A life, that’s because life has so many tests that are different from KCSE. In life the real A getters are those who make it despite the challenges. Yes we got B’s and A’s in a controlled environment with supervisors all over, we even revised but in life there is no revision and there is no set exam date.
So for all those who got what they didn’t expect or their results were cancelled, rise up. It is not the end of the world. Bill Gates, the richest man dropped out of varsity the same with Facebook founder, they realised that their potential is not attached to academic credential but to implementation of what they know.
The funny thing is that we are all A students, the bible says we are the heads and not the tails. This is so true because the moment you rise up you will discover that after the A comes life so get up, pick your mat and go, your faith has healed you.

Comments

Popular Posts