REMEMBERING FIDEL CASTRO

Today we buried one amazing man. I had never met him in person but I had heard of him. During his funeral today, I saw senior government officials speak but I couldn't help but think about the widow. She is so young and he is gone. This people used her last minutes with him as a poilitical dias therefore I have written a poem trying to capture the true feelings of Lwam Bekele today. May God give her the grace to go through this. Photo courtesy of Standard Digital Edition, SDE.

 THE SIGHS OF BEKELE

         BY MERCY OPANDE

Somehow  it felt like you were still around,
Baby hasn’t noticed your absence,
I was shocked to find myself laughing when people made jokes of how they interacted with you,
I couldn’t help but feel like your towering figure was beside me,
A son of the land, a father to my son, oh my man,
During the day we were so many, right now they are all gone,
And you are there all alone,
The music, the noise, the sound,
As it went down, I knew that you had taken your final bow,
Baby cries and wakes me up at night, my mind has not gotten used to this fact,
The bed is so big, mistaking the pillow for your head,
Well come on here baby, it’s going to be alright even though dad is the one resting,
Tonight.

In loving memory of Fidel Castro Odinga,  a son of the land.

Comments

Popular Posts