This is where you can eat good food in Nakuru Town

Well I am very particular when it comes to what I eat not only because I have a sensitive stomach but because I also have a good appetite plus a tongue that can differentiate well-cooked from averagely cooked.
I am a good cook myself. After staying at the Coast for ten years, Shelly Beach to be precise, I mastered the art of cooking. At the Coast people don’t just cook food, they actually put their heart and soul into it and the result is something totally out of this world.
So today I am focusing on restaurants in Nakuru Town, my home town of course. I have gone to different restaurants and I have come up with a list of the best places you can eat good food made real good.
Githeri and avocado/PHOTO/kaluhiskitchen.com

I would like to start with chicken pot restaurant which is situated in the Uchumi Business Center behind Tuskys and CK Patel buildings.
Now I usually go here for 3 things: the fries, the tea and the githeri. The fries are well fried, chipped so well and the right yellow. The fries are served with the best coleslaw in town. Then the tea is out of this world. It does not have cream floating on it or oil drops and the ratio of water to milk is good. Githeri is a mixture of maize and beans but Chicken pot makes it so delicious plus they add some meat to it and it has a lot of well fried onions. The fries go for Sh. 120, tea Sh.40 and the githeri also goes for 120.
From there I go to Jumia Food Mart which is located at the end of Oginga Odinga Street before you enter town. I go here too for the fries too but the main thing that seduces me the more is the chicken biryani. This is like some hot spicy chicken sauce served with rice. The chicken is well cooked and here they serve you the thighs unlike other hotels which seem to keep the best of meat for themselves. The chicken biryani goes for around Sh. 350. They also serve fresh juice which retails at Sh. 100 and if you want a cocktail then add twenty shillings to the a hundred. For dessert have some ice cream which a hundred and something.
Now I am a lover of ugali, meat and traditional vegetables and if you are like me then let us all go to Perfect Food Restaurant. They serve meaty meals. Fried, roasted, stewed name it. The ugali is hard enough and the managu is all so green a plate of this combination is Sh. 120. This restaurant is found opposite Gido Plaza on the Nakuru –Eldoret Highway , just after KCB Menengai Branch.
I know you might be asking where you can eat for less than Sh. 50 but still enjoy your meal in a decent place. Well that is why I go to snackway in the middle of Kenyatta Avenue opposite Merica hotel. With just Sh. 100 you enjoy a plate of hot chips and a cold Soda. Chips plain is Sh.50. There is a friendly waiter there known as Juma always greating you with a smile.
Well there you go, 4 places in Nakuru town that you can eat not just food but food that the chef puts their heart into.


Comments

Popular Posts