Going Home: RIP Janet and Kevin


 Last week we paid our last respects to our classmate, Kevin Maina Wangui. He was only 21 years but death took him. It is said that he allegedly committed suicide but we still ask ourselves if he was so drunk, how did he tie a rope and climb a tree. If he did so then we are so angry that he didn’t trust any of us to share his misery with. What was burning him inside?

As if that is not enough, my Friend and brother Walter Akolo yesterday lost his loving wife, Janet Ciru Akolo. They were a great pair and as much as I didn’t know the wife, I could tell from Walter that she was all he needed.
I cannot say much but Walter you need to be strong just as she was strong when with you. Cherish those precious memories because they make everything worthwhile.
Am still in shock and that is why I haven’t even called you.
I got to know about Walter last year while I was surfing the web about freelancing in Kenya. I came across his website freelancer Kenya and subscribed.
He later on advertised a vacancy; I applied and passed the interview. We started working together and he taught me a thing or two plus I even wrote my first ebook courtesy of Walter. He even paid me Sh. 10,000 without hassle or bustle yet he had overpaid me considering the amount of work done.

I am grateful to this man because he has been treating me like a small sis, and I have great favour with him but now he is in pain and I can only say this Janet Ciru Akolo, thank you for bringing out the best in this man, for giving him two wonderful kids, for being his friend, lover and confidante. Thank you for accepting to be part of his life.  Rest in peace Janet and Walter may the Lord give you peace that surpasses human understanding.

Comments

Popular Posts