Life Changing Moments


I have a friend whom at this moment I would like to call Nancy. I met Nancy in church and she was in the protocol department. She is one of those ladies who help with cooking for the pastors and bishops; you can call them the temple bread makers.

Nancy is very quiet and very beautiful. Well as for me I have always been a kind of a tomboy and I never grew up with a mother so when it comes to dressing I really sometimes need help. So I gathered up courage one day and approached Nancy. I told her how I liked the way she conducted herself and most of all I loved her sense of style. Funny enough we really talked a lot and I came to discover that she was a year older than me.

Nancy is not your everyday young woman, in America you would call her a baby mama but she is more than that. She lost her mother when she was about eighteen years and in the mixture of emotions she got pregnant. She had to be a mother to her siblings and her son. I am so happy that she did not think of abortion. One of the most challenging things is when a church that follows the teachings of Christ to the letter actually does that. Nancy had to confess about her sexual adventure to the church during a Sunday service. I do not have the guts to tell my youth pastor about some things. It was hard but she did it and now as I speak Nancy has a handsome seven year old son whom I know is the driving force in her life. She sees him as a blessing and it does not matter how or when he came. The boy is disciplined and obeys his mother.

Well Nancy and I are now the best of friends. We can cry on each other’s shoulders. I love her so much and in Facebook today I told her so. You see there are those people who come to your life for a purpose and I believe Nancy came into my life just in time. I truly needed someone mature to talk to, someone who can take me as I am but mostly a friend who has gone through a lot and we can go through whatever together, I hope you meet someone like that too.
 

Comments

Popular Posts